635FD HydraFlex Draper Platform
- Industry-exclusive HydraFlex™ technology
- Dual knife drive is timed
- Clean cut with double-cut knife system
- Increased handling and productivity with a 41-cm (16-in.) feed drum
Increased handling and productivity with a 41-cm (16-in.) feed drum …
Control belt speed, side belt speed reduction and integrated belt protection all from the cab …
Dual knife drive is timed …
John Deere Machine Sync …
Industry-exclusive HydraFlex™ technology on 600FD …
Control belt speed, side belt speed reduction and integrated belt protection all from the cab
The speed of the side draper belts can be controlled by an adjustment on the CommandARM™ controls from within the cab. Combine software gives operators the option to slow down the side belts to a fixed speed with a push of a button on the CommandARM. Additionally, a draper belt protection system is integrated into the 600FD HydraFlex™ Draper Platform family to minimize side belt damage should slippage occur.
- Optimal performance in varying crops and conditions through side draper belt speed that ranges from 22.6 m to 228 m (74 ft to 748 ft) per minute and shows on the display in the cab
- The center draper belt speed is fixed at 211 m (692 ft) per minute for optimal feeding to the combine feederhouse
- Speed sensors monitor the speed of the idler rollers and should major slippage be experienced, the belts will shut off and an operator warning is shown on the CommandCenter™ display
- Side belt speed reduction is designed to improve draper performance when the operator is not harvesting the full platform width or when coming out of a headland
- Increased uptime as the side belt speed reduction feature is engaged/disengaged from the CommandARM controls
CommandARM controls for S700-Series Combines
Dual knife drive is timed
Dual knife drive
Dual knife drive is standard on 600FD HydraFlex™ Draper Platform for harvesting rice, tough crop, and wet or green crop conditions. This unique dual knife drive system is timed, creating the smoothest possible reciprocating knife drive system currently in the industry.
Positive, reliable, power take-off (PTO) shaft and driven, dual epicyclical in-line knife drives with built-in driveline protection provides producers with the strongest knife drive system in the industry.
NOTE: Single-knife drive is available on the 630FD, but increased cutterbar vibration may occur.
Enhanced single-point latching system is fast and easy
Enhanced single-point latching system
John Deere’s single-point header latching system provides combine operators a fast and easy method for connecting all front-end equipment. One easy motion of the lever connects the electrical and hydraulic circuits along with header retaining pins.
- Reduces the time required to change over headers, so there is more time available for harvesting.
- No tools required to remove headers for transport or storage.
The enhanced single-point latching system, starting in model year 2016, will include a valve assembly mounted to all platform and corn head back sheets. These assemblies will include an orifice valve unique to the header type as well as a pressure override valve. Together, these ensure optimum performance and reliability of header hydraulic functions.
Compatibility for prior headers or combines to model year 2016 equipment is provided by attachments specific to the header and combine being used.
Epicyclic knife drive increases drive capacity
The heavy-duty epicyclic knife drive gearbox provides an enhanced knife-drive system that increases drive capacity with less vibration and improved reliability.
- Provides high level of reliability and durability
- Minimizes vibration
- Fast, efficient cutting action for higher harvesting speeds
Epicyclic knife-drive gearbox
- 89-mm (3.5-in.) knife stroke adds a more efficient cutting action. The increased stroke improves the cutterbar’s ability to cut even in adverse conditions, such as large-stemmed crops or weeds, without plugging.
- Knife speed is 520 rpm.
- Reliability is improved with in-line versus wobble-geometry knife head, which oscillates in a straight line and not through a radius like the previous knife drive.
- Knife head and gearbox attachment are improved. Two cap screws can be easily removed if any service to the knife is required.
HydraFlex™ float system improves operator control
The HydraFlex system hydraulically controls the float of the cutterbar by a simple turn of a knob in the cab. This provides exceptional cutterbar flexibility throughout the entire working pressure range. Higher ground speeds can be accomplished with HydraFlex, compared to the conventional float systems.
- Float arms, with hydraulic cylinders at every other channel, have replaced the mechanical linkage. These cylinders provide the cutterbar with the ability to float over uneven ground conditions with improved operator control.
- The platform HydraFlex system with an accumulator maintains a constant ground pressure over changing ground conditions. Manual mode is for locking out the cutterbar in the rigid mode.
Hydraulic cylinders at every channel
In automatic mode, the operator sets a desired cutterbar ground pressure, and the system will maintain this setting. If a different set point is desired, the operator adjusts the encoder on the armrest board, and an updated cutterbar float pressure reading will be shown on the cornerpost display. For increased ground following in uneven terrain, decrease cutterbar pressure to make the cutterbar heavy to the ground. If soil pushing occurs, increase the cutterbar pressure to make the cutterbar lighter to the ground.
Increased handling and productivity with a 41-cm (16-in.) feed drum
40.64-cm (16-in.) feed drum
The 41-cm (16-in.) feed drum improves the crop handoff from the draper belts, resulting in increased material handling and productivity of the 600FD HydraFlex™ Draper Platform.
Feed drum retractable auger finger
A feature for 600FD Draper Platforms is a feed drum retractable auger finger to improve crop feeding at the corners of the feed drum. In some crop conditions, the crop can hesitate at the corners of the feed drum, and the retractable drum fingers keep the crop moving into the combine. This results in smoother feeding and better performance of the combine.
Industry-exclusive HydraFlex™ technology on 600FD
The 600FD Series HydraFlex Draper Platform features HydraFlex, an industry-exclusive hydraulic float system allowing for superior ground following capabilities over a wide range of crops and conditions.
- The HydraFlex system hydraulically controls the float of the cutterbar by the turn of a knob in the cab for ease of operation
- Provides exceptional cutterbar flexibility throughout the entire working pressure range for increased machine performance
- Unique cutterbar float arms offer a dual purpose allowing for superior ground-following capabilities, plus support to the cutterbar and draper belts for increased productivity
Hydraulic cylinder in the float arm
Float arm on 600FD
From the cab, the operator can simply adjust the armrest encoder knob which varies the hydraulic pressure in the float arm hydraulic cylinders. This controls the cutterbar ground pressure depending upon conditions.
With the HydraFlex float system, the operator varies the cutterbar ground pressure but does not affect the cutting height of the crop, even at high ground speeds. The hydraulic float system features a 19-cm (7.5-in.) float range, allowing for optimum float pressure. To lock out the HydraFlex draper into rigid mode, the operator increases the float pressure to maximum.
John Deere Machine Sync
John Deere Machine Sync adds unprecedented automation to combine harvesting. This automation, coupled with harvesting logistics information, has revolutionized the harvesting experience.
The adoption of on-the-go unloading during harvest continues to increase as combines spend more time with the unloading auger on while harvesting record-setting yields. By offering a new level of automation, John Deere Machine Sync minimizes operator stress and maximizes the benefits of on-the-go unloading.
John Deere Machine Sync facilitates on-the-go unloading by synchronizing tractor speed and direction of travel with the combine. This provides greater ease of operation with improved efficiency, resulting in higher productivity during harvest.
Productivity gains are credited to tractor/grain cart operator’s ability to be in the right place at the right time with in-field logistics information.
The automation and logistics information provided by Machine Sync is made possible with the John Deere Machine Communication Radio.
The John Deere Machine Communication Radio creates a network between the fleet of tractors and combines, allowing automation between the combine and tractor. The network can be any combination of tractors and combines up to 10 machines. The GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display shows in field logistics including grain tank fill status, direction of travel, and location for each combine and tractor in the networked fleet.
John Deere Machine Sync is designed to:
- Maximize benefits with on-the-go unloading
- Increase efficiency with logistics information
- Be easily set up with six steps
- Enhance machine optimization
- Provide additional options available with Shared Signal and StarFire™ 3000 Receiver
Please complete the form below if you would like someone to contact you regarding this product: