XUV 550 Gator
Sleek styling exemplifies capable off-road, yet hard-working performance
A modern front fascia, wide front bumper, sweeping hood lines, and high fender lines complete the styling package:
- Sleek styling exemplifies a capable off-road, yet hard-working vehicle. The Gator™ XUV Series suits the emotional appeal of a customer purchasing a vehicle that is fun and functional.
- Hard-edged lines
- Hood bulge
- Sweeping headlights with mounting locations for a deluxe light kit
- High front and rear fenders states long wheel travel
- Well-matched cargo box with truck-style tailgate
- Steel front bumper support the styled front composite parts, while the heavy steel skid plate provides protection from rocks and stumps
Designed for best-in-class comfort with many vehicle conveniences
- Operator-centric design provides class-leading ergonomics and comfortable, bolstered seats
- Easy entry/exit and pass through for operator and passenger
- Optimal seating position provides more legroom
- Automotive-like ergonomics
- Excellent comfort while driving
- Best-in-class sealed storage volume of 0.052 m3 (1.82 cu ft) with a large in-dash glove box and under hood storage. There is also a quick-access open storage between the seats for tools, a phone, gloves, etc.
- Hinged hood rotates open without tools for access to storage and fuse block
- Side-by-side seating provides ample room for one operator and one passenger
- Standard high-back bucket seats provide ample support for a comfortable ride
- Operator platform provides easy entry/exit and pass through for operator and passenger
- Two cup holders are located within reach of the operator’s station
- Hour-meter comes standard to assist in maintaining regular service intervals
- Standard 12-Volt Direct Current (VDC) outlet is conveniently located on the instrument panel
- Seven predrilled dash switch locations with snap out caps for various electrical accessories
- Fuel gauge that can be viewed from the operator’s seat
- Occupant protection system (OPS) with three-point seat belts and passenger side grab handles located on front post
- Start in gear or neutral position for quick starting. The service brake must be engaged to start
- Styled parts are injection-molded TPO, a durable, engineered plastic designed to sustain impacts; the plastic is paintable
Delivers quick acceleration and provides a top speed of 45 km/h (28 mph)
The XUV 550 Crossover Series Utility Vehicles are powered by a 570-cc, V-twin gasoline engine. The carburetor is tuned for rapid throttle response, reliable cold-weather starting, smooth mid-range power delivery and quiet idling.
The engine offers the following performance and reliability features:
- Rated 12.1 kW (16 hp) at 3600 rpm using standard 97/68/EC.
- Tuned to deliver 0 to 24 km/hr (0- to 15-mph) acceleration in 3.5 sec.
- 45-km/h (28-mph) top speed (EEC homologation limited to 40 km/h [25 mph])
- Dynamically tuned carburetor for rapid throttle response upon demand while allowing the engine to burn clean under light loads.
- V-twin, 90-degree overhead valve design maximizes power and torque and provides longer valve life
- Designed for cold-weather starting (tested to -29o C)
- Full-pressure lubrication system
- Spin-on oil filter with drain bracket and oil drain valve enable easy servicing
- High air-flow air filter
- Utilizes nano fiber technology to increase the efficiency of the filtration without sacrificing horsepower
- Laminated and contoured engine blower housing cuts noise levels while reducing oil temperatures
Class-leading stability, including occupant protection system (OPS)
A dynamically safe and stable vehicle starts with the architectural design; the Gator™ XUV Crossover Series has a low center of gravity, a wide stance, and balance of weight between the front and rear axles.
The combination leads to class-leading static stability factor (SSF) and a multitude of dynamic stability tests.
OPS with three-point seat belts and Operator Side Retention (OSR) is standard on the XUV 550.
The OPS is Society of Automotive Engineers J2194 and Occupational Safety and Health Administration rollover protective structures certified.
Occupant Side Retention (OSR)
Meets ANSI B71.9 Certification
- One-handed operation
- Easy ingress/egress
- Great visibility
- T6 heat-treated aluminum alloy connecting rods and piston ring package
- 200 Watt (16 max A) charging system for accessory capability
- Exhaust system design
- Dual header pipe to muffler maximizes airflow and provides a unique V-twin sound
- Spark-arresting muffler is USFS approved
- Low fuel consumption and large 18.9-L fuel tank
Four-wheel independent suspension provides unparalleled ride over challenging terrain and excellent handling through corners
To complement the comfortable best-in-class operation station, the XUV is equipped with four-wheel independent suspension. This unique suspension set-up provides an unparalleled ride over challenging terrain and excellent handling through corners.
The engineering team, in collaboration with engineering firms that consult with Formula 1, NASCAR, and Indy Car teams, built a capable suspension system for class-leading operator comfort no matter what the terrain, and handling not found.
Dual A-arm front suspension features include:
- Dual, wide arch A-arm design provides maximum front-wheel control, precise steering, and maximum ground clearance out to the wheel
- 229 mm (9 in.) of travel provides ample compression and wheel extension, which keep all four wheels on the ground for superior traction and vehicle control
Please complete the form below if you would like someone to contact you regarding this product: